Description Of DutiesWithin the framework of the delegated authority, the incumbent is assigned all or part of the following responsibilities:
- Contribute in the development, implementation and updating of regional and national strategies and action plans on emergency health risk communication and community engagement as related to high threat pathogens.
- Provide technical expertise related to health information and communication to improve information sharing between institutions and respond to information requests from the technical teams, Member States and partners.
- Be responsible for the mapping and maintenance of the network of internal and external stakeholders, audiences and partners inside the Region and beyond, focused on prevention, preparedness, detection and response to high-threat pathogens.
- Update weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual information products and content calendar, covering the Regional Office’s response to outbreaks of high threat pathogens and events managed by the IHP unit, across all digital and print channels.
- Execute overall redesign,updating or maintenance of IHP’s core information products as necessary, including regular situation reports, epidemiological updates, websites andother visibility materials.
- Provide technical expertise in the development or updating of the national influenza pandemic preparedness plans in line with WHO standards.
- Regularly update the IHP website and analyze website traffic to support prioritization of information development; and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of IHP’s information management and marketing efforts.
- Conduct capacity-strengthening in emergency health risk communication and community engagement to the health authorities and other partners
- Contribute to the development of evidence-informed advocacy and information products for the prevention and control of high threat pathogens specific to the Region including for the annual Flu Awareness Campaign.
- Act as a reference point for all information management and communications related to the IHP’sareas of work.
Required QualificationsEducationEssential: First University degree in management, communication, development, social or health-related sciences.Desirable: Master’s Degree in public health, social science, development or health-related sciences.ExperienceEssential: At least five years’ experience, with international exposure, working in a health related field or communications with development or health setting. Proven experience in information management.Desirable: Prior experience within the United Nations system and working with international partners.
تابعونا على Telegram لمزيد من الوظائف.